St Bernadette’s school meals are provided by Taylor Shaw Catering.
Our school meals meet the School Meals Healthy Eating Standards as set by the Government.
Taylor Shaw is a contract caterer dedicated to providing the best quality fresh food in education – working with schools and colleges of all shapes and sizes across the UK to create healthy meals which taste great, in environments which appeal to children and young people.
- To make great food, you need great ingredients, which means ensuring that all our suppliers live up to the same high standards we demand of ourselves.
- We take a lot of care in finding the best producers and working closely with them so that we’re sure of the quality of produce we’re using.
Great meals shouldn’t cost the earth, so where possible, we use local suppliers to cut food miles and support the local economy.
- We also insist that our food produce is ‘Red Tractor’ certified so that we can be confident that all our suppliers are committed to the same high standards of food safety and hygiene, animal welfare and environmental protection as we are.
- Long before the School Food Trust came into being, Taylor Shaw was rallying the cry that school meals should be fresh, nutritionally balanced and contribute to a balanced diet.
- But making healthy food is pointless if it doesn’t taste great so we have a team of highly qualified, experienced nutritionists to create delicious food which meets or exceeds the School Food Trust nutritional guidelines.
Special Dietary Requirements
Our staff are trained to be allergy/intolerance aware. We often meet with students and their parents to discuss their individual requirements so that staff can identify unsuitable foods and develop menus and meals for individuals if necessary
School meals are available at £2.30 per day (£11.50 per week). Meals must be paid for in advance on a Monday morning. Please send payment via School Spider. Meals are FREE for all children in FS2, Y1 and Y2.
Children may bring in a packed lunch as an alternative to a school meal.